TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bitcoin Babe and its affiliates (hereinafter, "the Company", "we", "us" or "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In addition, we are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles which form part of that Act.
"Personal Information" is information which identifies you personally or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained. This may include your name, address, e-mail address, and other contact details.
1. the kinds of Personal Information which we may collect about you and how it may be used;
3. how your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties;
4. your ability to access, correct, update and delete your Personal Information; and
5. the security measures we have in place to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information under our control.
Gathering and Use of Personal Information
We are required to collect your Personal Information if you use this website, open an Account via localbitcoins.com or perform any Transactions on localbitcoins.com. We may also collect Personal Information about you from recordings of telephone conversations between us and you (or your representatives) and from publicly available registers.
Some of the Personal Information we collect is required by us to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. Otherwise, the Personal Information we collect is required in order for us to provide our services efficiently and effectively.
The types of Personal Information which we collect may include: your name; your photographic identification; your address; your phone number; your e-mail address; your banking details including account numbers; your date of birth; and information about your Transactions.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. to allow you to open and operate an Account on localbitcoins.com;
2. to enable you to complete Transactions on localbitcoins.com;
3. to correspond with you in relation to your Account and your Transactions;
4. to analyze use of our services we provide;
5. as required for legal and regulatory purposes, including for dispute resolution purposes;
6. to provide you with information about products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you, from ourselves and third parties;
7. for market research e.g. surveying our Users' needs and opinions on issues, such as our performance etc.
You should note that you are not obliged to give your Personal Information to the Company, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide our services, or your access to our services may be limited.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and security screening for customers who use VPN services, TOR, or any other similar service. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Access and Changing of Personal Information
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, and to require the correction, updating and blocking of inaccurate and/or incorrect data by sending an email to us. We will usually respond to your request within 14 days. Due to changes in our regulatory obligatoins, information we collect from you must be stored securely for 7 years from the date of your last dealing with our Company. This is regardless of if your order was successful or not.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including implementing appropriate security measures. The security measures in place will, from time to time, be reviewed in line with legal and technical developments. However, we give no guarantee that such misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure will not occur.
Retention of Personal Information